As a parent, I find it is really easy to get stuck in a rut. Then when I try to make things better, it’s so easy to go round and round and round in my own mind. I think that there is a better way, which I summarize as
‘BABY, YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE!’
Getting out might be calling some friends or family to help you take a day off with people who like you.
Getting out might be dropping by here to get some fresh perspectives.
Getting out might mean contacting me for some individual coaching session. I charge 100$ an hour and offer a free , no obligation, 20 minute get-to-know-you chat. I connect with some folks in over the phone, some with Skype or Google+, some through emails. My favorite is a combination of all of the above.
Here are some of the useful things I’ve done coaching other parents:
- Listen to you in a caring and eye-openingly effective way. (Lots of us think much more freely and clearly with a caring listener)
- Help you convert worries and concerns into plans
- Teach the ‘Nurtured Heart Approach’ based on Howard Glasser’s book Transforming the Difficult Child
- Help you figure out which plans are vital for right now, and which ones you can safely leave on the back burner
- Inspire you to take action on those plans
- Nurture you through the inevitable setbacks
- Inspire you to take action some more, or to revise the plan, as needed
- Encourage you to build support locally to reach your goals and teach any needed skills
- Help you build habits that nurture you
- Help you find your way to bear the yucky stuff that can’t be fixed, or can’t be fixed quickly enough
- Help you do just about anything ‘smarter’ instead of ‘harder’ -including all the household management stuff
- Celebrate with you when you can notice that you’ve made a huge difference in your child’s life
Please fill out this form if you have any private questions or comments, or to set up a complimentary coaching session. We can work locally or virtually, through email, chat, phone or skype. Call for yourself or for a friend. Gift certificates available.
Welcome to School Success Solutions – your place for finding answers to helping your children succeed at school.